1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Personal Security Virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by KanSasKid32, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KanSasKid32

KanSasKid32 Thread Starter

On 4-17th "Personal Security Virus" was installed on my computer Was downloading CCleaner I completely lost contol of my computer could not open much of any thing did manage to open IE found several sites that explained how to get rid of it & I did as follows:

Open My computer Choose Disk "C"
    Find Programs Files
    Common Files +>
    PSecurity Uninstall=>
    Run the file uninstall.ink

That seemed to solve my problem icons returned to my screen could open sites & use computer as usual BUT Am wondering if there is any more I need to do
    Is "IT" still on my computer Do I need to hire someone to fix it????

I have AVG update Free version Ad-Aware Free update version Windows Defender Secunia & AdvancedCare System all which I use faithfully The virus got past all that

Appreciate any help in regard to ridding my computer of this virus

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice