personalized desktop settings passwords

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stan skelton

I would like to set up my computer so another user can use it with a separate password and not be able to access certain items on my desktop. I have accessed the Personlized Items settings menu in the windows ME passwords section and set up passwords which activate upon startup, but I cannot find out how to "personlize" the desktops for each user. Help would be appreciated.

Stan:confused:

Hi,

Although I don't have a great deal of experience with ME, I'll wager that you need to find a folder called "profiles", then within that folder, there should be a sub-folder for each user. Within each users folder there should be a folder called desktop. Just place whatever shortcuts you want for each user in their corresponding folder. Any ME experts please let me know if I missed something. :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online