Pet Peeves-air 'em out!! (#3)

Professionalgirl

Tina
Temporarily Banned
Relatives.....my cousin ( that passed away ) always introduced a topic at the dinner table as to why there was no factual evidence supporting evolution.
Didn't matter what we were talking about at the time.....boom, evolution was an evil concept.

My sister and I started laughing one time during a holiday.
Just restrained laughing.
He stopped :D
Oh my goodness poor Johnny lol

Gr3iz

Mark
Tina, typically if you know anything about technology, you become the family's tech support. I've got two sisters out in CA that I have to help through various issues all the time. And one of them is married. Apparently the IT department for his company is next to worthless, I've got to support his work laptops as well ...

Johnny b

John
If I haven't mentioned it before, the Google search engine.
Simply too many bad returns and too often, changing the search terms results in the same bad result.
Frustrating.

Johnny b

John
In the early 1980's, my father bought a Homelite weed eater/brush cutter.
It was used intensively for cutting down light brush along a creek and fence lines on a 30 acre farm.
It lasted until 2012 with out any repairs other than spark plugs and de-carboning the exhaust port ( a 2 cycle engine ) several times.
No mechanical problems. None.
Until a reed broke off, it was a discontinued part so I had to shop for a new brush cutter.

That was 2012.
I bought a Craftsman from Sears.
Who'd of thought they'd go bankrupt!
And now replacement parts for it have become vapor.

Anyway, the first one failed under warranty.....in 2012. Weeks after I bought it.
The recoil assembly has a manufacturing defect.
To Sears credit, they readily replaced it, no charge of course.

Jump forward in time.
Of 8 years of ownership, because of a medical issue, the Craftsman has only been used 4 years and then only light duty as the farm was sold in the late 90's.

The anti spark screen in the muffler had to be removed. It clogged about every 4 hours of usage.
The return spring in the handle for the cable going to the carb broke. Had to modify a hardware store spring.
The rubber boot between the intake port and the carb split. ( there is no gasket, just a rubber boot about 1 1/2 inches long), This will likely be an ongoing 'temporary' repair with a 'fuel resistant' sealant.
The primer bulb broke 3 days ago, but it got lucky. The local lawn and power equipment dealer recognized a similar primer bulb used on an Echo chain saw ( It worked! It was identical fresh from China) Amazon had a link to someone that had old stock primer bulbs for a Craftsman at $25 plus about $5 shipping. The local shop charged me $5.48 and that included sales tax.

So today, a fuel line broke and I'm sitting here waiting for that local dealer to open this morning.

No wonder Sears had financial issues. :mad:

Gr3iz

Mark
I stopped dealing with Sears in 1979 after the house I was living in caught fire. A Sears repairman had been out 3 times earlier that year to replace various parts (that they had to order, and which didn't fix the issue, so order more parts). The fire marshal concluded that the oil-fired furnace had blown up (if they gave a reason, I no longer recall). Since then I've had no dealings whatsoever with Sears.

Johnny b

John
Well......the local lawn and implement shop didn't have the size fuel hose I needed.
Nor did Lowes.
Nor Home Depot nor Handyman.

I wound up buying the hose from an auto parts store.

I think I'll take the rest of the day off ...................

RT

HOAs...
Remember that X Files episode, "Arcadia"
where a slight rule variation resulted in a monster rising from the ground, bloody killing you for not replacing your driveway lamp before dark?
And to investigate,Mulder and Scully assumed the names Rob and Laura Petrie?
I do.
No one should be subjected to a standard so judged harshly by others.
You live as best you can.

That sheer arrogance, pompous attitude, ludicrous belief that "Me" is better, more important than , have more income than, scammed the way to riches, been paid more than my sorry butt is worth, paid for not working for a corporate title, promoted from a job into a job you're incompentant to assume ... than "Thee..." doesn't mean a goddamn thing when a tornado levels the neighborhood, floods kill your family but "they weren't good enough" to reside near you.
Ok, grammar aside, I think you "get" my rant.

Nothing wrong with being tidy, mowing the lawn, etc.
But circumstances are different for everyone, perhaps an elderly disabled person is unable to trim the hedges, Has to choose between hiring help or balancing the cost of medication vs paying the electric bill vs "keeping up with the Jones'."

And I will not live in a place where I can't pee off the back porch, get naked on the back deck if I wish, and shoot my other rifles and pistols at the same time.
No one has complained here, they also shoot.
Lucky for all, far enough away we can't see each other.

Shakespeare said many things about vanity....over 400 hundred years ago ... you might recall some of those quotes, but "all is vanity," is a statement somewhere in the beginning of the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament, so it is said.
Pointless acts of human activity.

(Uh, don't quote that, long time since I read the Bible.)

Also , I don't agree with folks that think style and "fashion" is more important than a host of all other life's needs...that too, is just needless vanity.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online