Tech Support Guy banner

Pet Peeves-air 'em out!! (#3)

103K views 1K replies 68 participants last post by  RT 
#1 ·
this thread is a continuation from here
last post in that thread
new tech guy said:
Overpriced services. :mad: . How is it that i pay tuition at my college yet the parking is complete ludicrous (I drove around campus for 10 minutes looking for a place to park today and was late to class due to that) and furthermore, the wireless interrnet in the campus is a joke! Works fine in the cafe today, tomorrow it wont, library i get nothing and even the techs seem stumped. Not the firewall, i know its not windows cause i had the problem with vista and now my pc is on windows 7 and the trouble persists. I even brought the pc up to the college one day to test it and it worked fine over the break. Even the techies on campus were stumped. I dont get it. They even admitted that judging the state of the pc that i was one who probably checked everything and knew what i was doing so to speak. Go figure :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Well, Sheesh, in that case I guess my peeve would be people who get there ahead of me, when I am sure I would get there first:mad::D:D

#4 ·
If you are sending a newsletter out to a large group of people, you should make sure that you know that there is a difference between "scrape" and "scrap", as well as "scraped" and "scrapped"; and then be sure to use them properly. Just because spell checker doesn't catch it doesn't mean that it's correct. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
I'm also peeving this stupid little share icon at the bottom of the page that always seems to "open" and cover up part of the last post. I swear my mouse doesn't even have to be on the screen for that dumb thing to open up. :mad: :mad: And once it opens it doesn't seem to go away. :mad: If I want to use "AddThis", I'll darn well click on it!!!!!!!

#7 ·
it's annoying that when you order a sandwich in a deli, you need to watch them make it step by step because 2 out of 3 times they mess it up - what's so hard about remembering roast beef, mayo, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper :rolleyes:

that's why most of the time I make my own :p

#8 ·
it's annoying that when you order a sandwich in a deli, you need to watch them make it step by step because 2 out of 3 times they mess it up - what's so hard about remembering roast beef, mayo, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper :rolleyes:

that's why most of the time I make my own :p
I hate how at Subway they put on so much mayo it's like oozing out of it everywhere--and that's after you tell them "Easy on the mayo!" :rolleyes: Hubby hates how much lettuce they put on--he says that lettuce doesn't make the sandwich, but that Subway must think it does. We don't go there very often, because like you, we hate having to hold their hand while they are making the sandwich. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
I hate how at Subway they put on so much mayo it's like oozing out of it everywhere--and that's after you tell them "Easy on the mayo!" :rolleyes: Hubby hates how much lettuce they put on--he says that lettuce doesn't make the sandwich, but that Subway must think it does. We don't go there very often, because like you, we hate having to hold their hand while they are making the sandwich. :rolleyes:
Yes, you have to stand over them like a Gestapo, and scream...STOP!!!!:)

#12 ·
The little drop-down triangle right of the adress bar in Explorer (shows recent typed in history)
Someone stupid made an X (exit/delete) directly below the arrow triangle so if you click it quick you delete the entry-I had to add Google a dozen times or so and probably will another dozen times. (wonder-was that X added by Explorer 8?)

#15 ·
You probably wait until they're done and then complain that the tomato slices were placed inverted.

#17 ·
Ordering a patty melt. First the cook wants to know what kind of bread? Then asks do I want onions? I wonder if the guy is offering me choices, or if he's an idiot who doesn't know it is supposed to be rye bread and yes it has onions.
You'd be really peeved at me- I don't know what a patty melt is :eek: I don't think we have it in Pennsylvania or maybe we call it something different? Like we have steak sandwiches here. When I was in Kansas I ordered a steak sandwhich- it was a real steak on 2 pieces of bread! That is not what we call a steak sandwhich in PA. I also ordered a soda- they wanted to know what kind of ice cream? I found out later that they call it pop there, not soda, and soda always has ice cream. :) So Frank, maybe the cook came from Pennsylvania :)

#20 ·
A certain type of Sword..................

The Broadsword - awesome, as used by everyone from the Templars to Malory's Knights, Excalibur - legendary, Albion - brilliant, the Sabre - all Swash and Buckle - re the Musketeers etc, the Schimitar - used quite adeptly by the Saracens, the Claymore - the stuff of Bannockburn and Colluden, William Wallace and Robert Roy McGregor..........................don't like the Foil very much though!

Oh - have you seen the Film with Liam Neeson by the way?

#21 ·
A certain type of Sword..................

The Broadsword - awesome, as used by everyone from the Templars to Malory's Knights, Excalibur - legendary, Albion - brilliant, the Sabre - all Swash and Buckle - re the Musketeers etc, the Schimitar - used quite adeptly by the Saracens, the Claymore - the stuff of Bannockburn and Colluden, William Wallace and Robert Roy McGregor..........................don't like the Foil very much though!

Oh - have you seen the Film with Liam Neeson by the way?
You mean Rob Roy? I thought it was an excellent movie, actually. :) Much better than the Mel Gibson one, just didn't get as much publicity. :down: :(

#22 ·
Ohhhh i got a list today..... How about totally missing an assignment the teacher wants us to do and the teacher vanishes before you could ask about it. A wireless network in my college campus that works on my pc when it wants to, going through a monsoon and walking around the building in soaked clothes thanks to aforementioned monsoon with a cold to top it off.

#25 ·
That {expletive} video player for the CW....I just want to watch a show, I don't want to put up with the player freezing up partway through, and not being able to restart it without watching everything I've already seen all over again, in an effort to MAYBE be able to see the rest of the episode (which usually doesn't load anyway :rolleyes:) I'm about ready to give up on their shows--if they can't get their act together, they obviously don't want my viewership. :down:

#26 ·
Alegedly - it says here - Simpson had a Contact in Romania called 'Jimmy' - now I don't know why but there's an Element of bulcrud about all this and ever so slightly too much like a Character in an Undertones Song! Anyone remember the lime Green Vinyl too - while of course there's a certain Mr Hendrix!

"99 Red Balloons" - hmmm - as in what 'Camerons' ............or some 60s Dirge by the Small Faces? I got a lift into Bristol once from a Woman claiming to be called 'Cameron' - who also claimed to have had a Father who edited Film at the BBC. She also claims to have worked in the BBC Social Club - but was too young to have worked behind the Bar apparently. This seemed plausable - but too coincidental! She wouldn't be related to a certain Tory Party Leader would she and there's also a Family called 'Cameron' in the Mohicans Film isn't there?

Groan - it never ends does it!

Sorry peeps but none of that works anymore! I'm 46 not a Teenager and don't really appreciate that sort of condesension!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.