1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pfn_list_corrupt

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ashez2ashez, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashez2ashez

ashez2ashez Thread Starter

Hello,
    I saw a question similar to the problem that i am having but wanted to be specific. I am getting the blue screen of death, error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I am unable to boot into the recovery console or regular boot up. I can boot into safe mode but it wont allow me to do anything before hitting the blue screen again.

I hit f12 to go into setup and the hard drive diagnostics test was clean, however the memory test gave me a DIMM2 error

I went back into f12 and ran a test on the memory. I got an error code 2F00:0119
    Msg: system memory fail. Read FEFFFFFFh, expected FFFFFFFFh at address 244383b8h. suspected memory componant located on system board, at label DIMM2

I keep reading other users questions and answers about removing a memory stick or something and I'm really lost at that point. I dont know what is best for my specific computer and error message or how to remove a ram stick or which one or even what they look like.

I am running a small cleaning business of of craigslist so its very important that i get my computer back in order.

Another option for me is; I am currently running XP. My grandparents have vista along with the instillation cd and code. I do not have the cd code for the xp disk so i think i may not be able to reinstall it anyways. Can i just wipe out this hard drive and install vista? If so, and this is the best route for me to take, how do I do that?

Thanks so much

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Post your Make and specific Model of PC? maybe we can help.

Yes you have a failed memory module in slot 2.

3. ashez2ashez

ashez2ashez Thread Starter

dell demension E520
    Bios 1.0.2
    Intel pentium (r) d CPU 2.80 ghz
    L2 cache 2mb
    memory 1 gb

also i tried to reinstall xp from the disk and it said the disk had errors on it and gave several .dll files that it couldnt restore.

i tried putting in the vista disk and it gave me the blue screen

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice