1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

phantom attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chea, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chea

chea Thread Starter

hi all, thanks for taking time to look at this and sorry for reposting but i found other examples of this and wanted to represent with this new info
    sometimes in livemail my emails acquire two phantom attachments they are QMARK.GIF and ARROW.GIF.
    they appear at the recipients as attachments that can be opened and viewed but i have no idea where they come from and a search of the pc does not find the .gif files any where
    looking through some forums i see others have these contained in there posts but no one seems to know what they are or even be aware that they are there
    eg. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversat...eadid=32244894
    none of the emails i have sent or received have any attachments that are supposed to be there.
    i have no idea where they come from and neither does this person
    any ideas would be greatly appriceated

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. chea

chea Thread Starter

i wouldn't normally but as i said i had found additional info about my problem that i felt warranted re posting.....for this i have already apologized

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You simply have to add the info to your original thread. :)

5. chea

chea Thread Starter

ok, will do in future but didn't know if it would show it had been updated, therefore if anyone had already viewed they would/wouldn't know there was additional info.thanks for the advice though

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!