Phantom Monitor In Windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slyObelisk

I was trying to figure out why a game was capping at 59fps on my 144hz monitor (Figured out the issue) but while exploring the buttons on the back of my monitor and checking the FPS through there I accidentally turned on Freesync. Once I did my monitors flickered and then all of my apps that were open on my primary monitor were moved to a new virtual generic non-PnP 3rd monitor. It was changed to my default monitor and was connected to my integrated graphics card. Both my 2070 and integrated graphics drivers were up to date. Through a bunch of trial and error I was able to disable the monitor but it still is detected as a monitor (picture attached). Upon my last few restarts, though, my computer started freezing for about a half second every 2 or so seconds. I was able to fix that by completely uninstalling my integrated graphics display adapter. At this point my computer runs fine, but I would like to figure out how to stop windows from recognizing this imposter display and figure out if I need to reinstall my integrated graphics display adapter.

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online