1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Phantom Owner file!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Siskm, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siskm

Siskm Thread Starter

An "Owner" file (found under C:\Documents and Settings\Owner) was creasted by a virus which was removed by a virus program. The folder remained with an error message resulting every time I try to access it. It follows:

C:\Documents and Settings---------------------------
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible.
    Access is denied. ---------------

I can access properties for it and change the "Read Only" which is checked but it puts it right back with above resulting. I've recently found out by opening Hijack This that there are files under/in this file, which reads under properties that it has 0 bites and 0 files in it. I get this error when I open Hijack This which leads me to believe there truly are files in it:

HijackThis
    ---------------------------
    An unexpected error has occurred at procedure: modRegistry_GetFirstSubFolder(sFolder=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default)

Error #52 - Bad file name or number

Please email me at xxxxxx, reporting the following:
    * What you were doing when the error occurred
    * How you can reproduce the error
    Windows version: Windows NT 5.01.2600
    MSIE version: 6.0.2800.1106
    HijackThis version: 1.97.2
    This message has been copied to your clipboard.----------------------
    OK

As far as I know I don't use Mozilla for anything. And any ideas on how to proceed would be appreciated!

Sisk, M.

2. Cantrip#10

Cantrip#10

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice