Phenom II x4 + 2GB Ram or a Phenom II x3 + 4GB Ram?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djzikario

I got a budget of $90 and a Phenom II x2 555 CPU (Did not unlocked :( ) that I can return for $105 credit, I have installed in my pc 2GB Ram (XP 32Bit) and I might install Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit or stay with XP32(if I don't purchase the extra ram). With the credit and budget I can either get a 3.2GhzQuad core alone and stay with xp or a 2.8GhzTri-core+2GB Ram Stick combo and upgrade to 7 64bit. What is the best choice for gaming? Important Note: Got an XFX Radeon HD 5770 installed on the rig but seems it needs a better processor or ram to make it to the fps shown in some reviews. I also check out GTA IV in the Can You Run It site and in recommended there is the phenom x3 2.4ghz so I guess the phenom II x3 2.8ghz is much better in that aspect.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online