Phenom X4 965 runs as "AMD Phenom 6500"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

janen

As the title says, i just ran 3dmark vantage and i got a low cpu score, i started cpu-z and there i see that my cpu runs
as "AMD Phenom 6500", to my knowledge that is a athlon x2 cpu of some sort...might be wrong...

Anyway, cpu i have is "AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition".

Why on earth does it run like a 2 cored athlon and how do i fix this?

Thankful for answeres!

janen

Nah i built the whole comp from scratch myself, and it wasent like this before. It presents the correct cpu under "System" but not in cpu-z and i get low scores in all tests.

Once you are on there click CPU support tab. Then click on the arrow that says Go>>> next to the CPU that says Phenom IIX6 1090T second from bottom.

Jack-O-Bytes

janen

So i should take that update even though it isnt my cpu?

Well that seems to be the newest BIOS that ASUS offers for the Motherboard as it is the one with the highest number. Updating to that BIOS offers support for all of AMD's current AM3 CPU's which will mean any bugs will have been worked out on the support for your CPU.

Jack-O-Bytes

janen

I forgot to DL the bio update tool, and now i cant reach the page anymore haha..

janen

Cheers mate!

Im starting to cry soon though.. I have win 7 64bit, and when i pick the update tool for 64 bits and starts it it says the usual "The version of this file is not kompatible with the windows you got..." haha, i feel like such a noob atm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online