1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Philips 3610 Read/Write - Write CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mountaindance, Jun 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mountaindance

mountaindance Thread Starter

I have a Gateway Computer running Windows 98. MY problem concerns a Philips 3610 Read/Write - Write CD. It has always been a problem i.e. - balky. I am using Adaptec Easy CD Creator 3.5 software. I can burn a CD but it is only readable on the Philips. I can't get it to initialize on the other CD drive on the computer or on the drive in my wife's Compaq laptop. I had to transfer a 5MEG file to her computer and finally had to install an old Zip Drive to do it. Sometimes (sometimes not) I get an error message after the CD is burned, but it reads OK in the parent drive.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Also, went to Philips website to try to find new drivers - It's lousy!

Jim

[email protected]

[Edited by mountaindance on 06-20-2001 at 11:56 AM]

2. slipe

slipe

I trust you have the updates from Adaptec/Roxio.

Try the Sony CD Extreme software: http://sony.storagesupport.com/dlag...m/dsonyweb/cdrw/SonyCDExtreme1.3.390Setup.exe It should work fine with your burner. If you just select “data” in the opening wizard it will record session at once, close the session so it can be read and leave the disc open so you can add more stuff. Very robust software – make sure you don’t use a formatted CD. If that still doesn’t work I suggest trying some different blank media.

If you are recording to a formatted CD then you are packet writing and it can’t be read on any other computer until you install the reader for it from http://www.roxio.com

3. mountaindance

mountaindance Thread Starter

That's nice software, Slipe,, Buuuut the thing still won't record. I tried an audio CD as a test and got nuttin' except this error code -

"Record terminated with errors
    Error - 10 at Sector 0 Disc read error Command: 2A Sense: 03 ASC: 73 ASCQ: 03"

I visited Roxio and got some Firmware, but I don't know what to do with it -- "f309.cvt" Tried recording @ 1X

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/46549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice