Philips MMS460 5.1 PC Speaker problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hpratvfrk

Okay, I have recently bought Philips MMS460 5.1 PC Speakers for my PC from Hong Kong. I currently live in Canada. I have bought an adapter that switches the voltage, so that is not a factor regarding the speaker problem. My problem is, when I plug in the yellow/orange, green and black 3.5mm jacks, there are either sound in the 2 FRONT speakers, sound in the 2 BACK speakers, all 4 FRONT and BACK speakers, or just the center speaker and the subwoofer. Overall, all the speakers are working, but I can't seem to get them to work "together". What is the point of buying a 5.1 if the woofer doesn't work together? Please help. Is it because of a sound card? I have tried all the combinations with the 3.5mm jacks (yellow/orange, green, black). All I need is for all the 5 speakers and the woofer to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

It would help to know what kind of sound card you have. Click ->start ->run Type 'dxdiag'(without the '') and click on 'Sound'. This should tell you if you don't know already.

hpratvfrk

GripS said:
It would help to know what kind of sound card you have. Click ->start ->run Type 'dxdiag'(without the '') and click on 'Sound'. This should tell you if you don't know already.
C-Media Wave Device

Well. A visit to C-Media with a bunch of links that don't work doesn't help. Assuming this is truly a 5.1 supported sound card check in Control Panel->Sound Properties and click 'speaker settings' then 'advanced'. Make sure it is setup for 5.1.

hpratvfrk

GripS said:
Well. A visit to C-Media with a bunch of links that don't work doesn't help. Assuming this is truly a 5.1 supported sound card check in Control Panel->Sound Properties and click 'speaker settings' then 'advanced'. Make sure it is setup for 5.1.
I have already done that a long time ago.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts