1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

philips mp3 player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by minish1, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. minish1

minish1 Thread Starter

i recently purchased a philips mp3 player model # HDD1630/17, and although i can go into device manager and it shows up there, and says its working properly, WMP says there are no mobile devices, and the philips device manager says there is not one detected... i have dl'ed all the drivers, installed all the software, a patch from philips for this problem called "detect philips gogear device". i run it, it says new hardware found etc etc, goes through the steps, but then when it opens WMP to sync files to device, it says there are no devices found. i am truly at my wits end, as i've not had much problem/experience solving these types of issues. thanks in advance for any help!

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The Windows version is ... ?

3. kaaos

kaaos

are you just trying to put music on the mp3 player? if so just drag and drop the mp3 files directly from my computer. open the folder with your tunes in an explorer window tehn open the mp3 drive from my computer and drop the files in that way.

i would just take it back and get my money back

4. minish1

minish1 Thread Starter

once again, my device manager is the ONLY thing on my computer that recognizes that its even hooked up, therefore it is non-existant in my computer... as for my OS, it is XP home

5. minish1

minish1 Thread Starter

i was hoping that this thread would spark some of your guys' extense computer savvy and that its just a simple conflict with something to do with my USB or something... still hoping to get this solved.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
    -------------------------- cut after this line --------------------------------
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
    -------------------------- cut before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
    Open Device Manager.
    View, Show Hidden Devices.
    Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
    Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
    Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
    If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

7. minish1

minish1 Thread Starter

grr... i really thought this was going to work... i did everything listed above, restarted, it did its thing and found all the hardware, then asked if i wanted to restart again, so i did, it rebooted. i plugged in the device, it prompted me to sync files to it with WMP, i said yes, then again, nothing, no device found. also, i dont know if this helps in any way, but when i have the mp3 player attached shouldnt there be a little "safely remove hardware" icon in my taskbar? the little USB looking symbol comes up at first, then when i click the option to sync files to device, it disappears. but then when i unplug the device, it makes the sound like when a device is detached... i am this >||< close to just reformatting my pc... please help! thanks big time for the previous tries and help already given!

8. JohnWill

I thought that would work too. :) I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'm curious what "drivers" you need for this device, doesn't it appear as a disk drive?

9. RobertL309

RobertL309

I've got exactly the same problem except I'm running XP Pro instead of XP Home. Any answers out there? Philips tech support hasn't been any great help.

10. RobertL309

RobertL309

I finally got thru to senior Philips tech support and they reluctantly admitted that they are aware of this problem. It certainly does not affect everyone, but there are some computers that behave in this manner. They are working on a patch and firmware upgrade once they fully understand the problem.

Hope this helps and Philips gets this fix out in a hurry. I'm tired of my wife beating on me that we should have bought an Ipod, even though there were none to be had in Southern California.

11. RobertL309

RobertL309

Minish1,

What computer are you trying to connect to? I'm curious if we have the same one.

Bob

12. RobertL309

RobertL309

Philips expects to have a firmware update within 2 weeks to solve this problem

13. JohnWill

If you can't connect it, how do you upgrade the firmware?

14. RobertL309

RobertL309

The hardware (MP3 Player) installs, it shows up in Device Manager, but doesn't show up under Explorer or Windows Media Player

15. standbyq13

standbyq13

I have a combination of issues including this one. the player crashed giving me a "connect to pc" error (and a nifty clicking noise). xp acknowledges it, but it is not recognized in wmp or the device manager.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice