1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Phone call notification while online

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by toujours, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. toujours

toujours Thread Starter

Hello to all,

Sometime back, I used to be prompted while online about phone calls coming into my phone line, giving me the option to accept or ignore the call. I don't know what's happened, but I no longer get this message or notice that I have a phone call.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Are you saying you had no special program installed to achieve this? Do you remember anything about the prompt that might help? You sound as if this should be a normal occurance and it isnt. Anything you might think of could help.

3. toujours

toujours Thread Starter

That's correct, I never installed any special program for this, it would just happen on its own, I assumed it was part of Windows 98 SE, which is my OS. It was an ordinary dialog box, saying something to the effect that a phone call was coming in and it had two boxes that I could check, one for accept and another for ignore. For a couple of months now, I don't get this notification which can mean either of two things: either I have no calls coming in, or it's not prompting me for some reason. I tend to think it's the latter because people have complained to me about calling and the line being busy, probably while I'm online. Another possibility is that it's my ISP (Prodigy) that has this feature, I don't know.

Thanks.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Go to start>run>type msinfo32>click and expand software environment>click start up>copy and paste what it shows. Maybe it will be listed and we can go from there.

5. toujours

toujours Thread Starter

Here is the pasted information you requested, hope it comes out okay:

Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe"
    MSN Quick View Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Online Services\MSN50\MSNDC.EXE"
    Microsoft Office Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE" -b -l
    Webshots Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Webshots\WebshotsTray.exe"
    MoneyAgent Registry (Per-User Run) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
    Desktop Architect Registry (Per-User Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\DESKTOP ARCHITECT\DATRAY.EXE" -S
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    EzAudioTray Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\EZAUDIO.EXE TRAYAPP
    LexmarkPrinTray Registry (Machine Run) PrinTray.exe
    VsecomrEXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\PLUS!\Viruscan\VSECOMR.EXE
    Vshwin32EXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\PLUS!\Viruscan\VSHWIN32.EXE
    internat.exe Registry (Machine Run) internat.exe
    PiDunHk Registry (Machine Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PRODINET\BIN\PIDUNHK.EXE"
    CriticalUpdate Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
    ConMgr.exe Registry (Machine Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\CONMGR.EXE"
    UpdateMgr.exe Registry (Machine Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\UPDATEMGR.EXE" /NOCM
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    Vshwin32EXE Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRA~1\PLUS!\Viruscan\VSHWIN32.EXE /NoSplash
    3Cmlink Registry (Machine Service) c:\windows\SYSTEM\3cmlnkW.exe
    SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) mstask.exe

Thanks again.

6. toujours

toujours Thread Starter

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I think when I disabled call waiting in order to connect to my ISP (and I can't even remember the reason for this anymore), it is when the problem began. Just yesterday I enabled call waiting again and will see if this makes any difference insofar as being notified when there's a call coming in by my PC.

7. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

If that is so, then you do have the call option from prodigy. I remember reading that when I was there. You may want to check it out. I believe it was ICM or something like that.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice