1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

phone connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chasf, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chasf

chasf Thread Starter

I am having trouble with my connection to the internet. Several times the past 3-4 days, all of a sudden I just lose my modem or phone connection and have to redial in.

2. 4steve44

4steve44

I guess first of all phone lines were never designed to pass data. They will but they were not designed to. Use your phone to dial just one digit and listen. If you hear static call your phone company and have them fix the static. They won't do anything to the line if you tell them that you are having trouble with connectivity. So don't go there. Also do you have "Call Waiting"? If you do get rid of it as it will knock you off the internet everytime you get a call while online. Hope this helps :eek:

3. batharoy

batharoy

First of all you don't have to get rid of call waiting.
    If you have it put *70 and a space in front of your dial-in number to
    disable it.
    Second it could be your ISP thats the problem, you didn' say wether you
    use a local ISP or AOL, MSN, Earthlink. I would call your ISP tech support
    and let them know you have been having problems, they could upgrading
    or doing maint. on the system so call them and see if they can help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice