Phone repeatedly turns on after shutting it off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tochne

Hi there, first post here, so forgive any mistakes.
My phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 9) has started acting up since yesterday, after I left it on for a while though didn't use it.
First of all: After I press the power button once to shut off my phone, the screen immediately lights up again.
Next: Whenever I try to drag down the notification bar at the top of the phone, it goes back up almost immediately.
Lastly: When I go to view a video on YouTube, it starts playing random videos.
I'm desperate for answers, and even tried Factory Resetting the phone (I am aware that was a stupid and impulsive decision on my part), which only prolonged these problems.
Edit: Now these problems seem to be happening in an on and off fashion. YouTube works fine now, my phone will stay off, and my notifications can be viewed just fine. However, this is only temporary, and the problems resume soon after.
Edit 2: If there are people viewing this thread, then do me a favor and help. I have no clue what to do, I've tried so many forums and even samsung's website but nothing ever came from it. PLEASE. Help me out here.
thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Removed inappropriate language. Sorry that no one has had a solution to offer. I don't think it would have helped in this case due to the difficult question at hand, but when adding additional information, you should use reply rather than edit. Edit is better for corrections, but others who have seen your original post will not see that you've added new information.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!