1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo added into a photo

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by alwrmc, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Using Photoshop 7 (old but works well with Vista, plus it's already paid for), how/can I take a photo and insert another resized smaller photo into a corner of the first or main photo? I then want to save the combined photos as a separate file.
    Using jpg as the file format, though I do not think it will matter which format is used.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am still using Photoshop 5 LE; got it free with some piece of hardware a long time ago. :D

Not sure how much your new fangled fancy version is different from mine but you should be able to ...

1) Open the larger main picture in Photoshop and immediately save a copy as a Photoshop file.

2) Add a new blank layer to the picture.

3) Open the file with the picture you want to put in the corner.
    4) Assuming the picture is not any kind of layered image. Select the entire picture and copy it to the clipboard.

5) Past the copied picture to the blank layer in the first picture.

6) Scale the pasted picture to the desired size. You should also be able to slide the picture around to the desired position as you adjust the size.

7) If you think you may ever want to do any further editing on the file save it now, keeping it as a Photoshop file. Otherwise skip to the next step.

8) Flatten the layers.

9) Select "Save as" and pick the picture file format you wish to use.

3. slipe

slipe

I think it’s a little easier in Photoshop.

Open both images.

With the Move tool drag the smaller image into the larger, placing it wherever you want.

If it isn’t the right size: Edit > Transform > Scale. If you hold the Shift key while you drag one of the boxes it will maintain its proportions. If you resize it before dragging it into the other image make it larger than you need it rather than have it come out smaller. You lose detail if you start small and decide you want it larger.

Layer > Flatten Image.

It is now a normal image and can be saved in any format including JPG. You might consider also saving it as a PSD image before you flatten it so you can move or resize the insert later if you decide you don’t like it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice