Photo Blog / photosite : serious amateur looking to develop : need help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

picshaman

Photo Blog / photosite : serious amateur looking to develop : need help

Hi, I have been trying for years to get a website. Always been shafted by numerous website designers. Want to build a super Photo blog for personal online diary plus marketing my new photo book, also will want to get a website with certain capabilities. Please can you help me learn how to blog (absolute beginner) and find me a website person that knows how to build cost effectively and intuitively to help me. I have been through many sharks in the website industry as well as students and friends but after 5 years - still nothing up! I am a creative with excellent collection of photos and great ideas for a photo website / exhibition area.

Help! this site is amazing _ Tech support has been a resent addition to my life and they have been INCREDIBLE! i know someone here can help..

Have you tried any free blog sites like blogspot.com? Maybe you could give an example of a site that's like what you want.

picshaman

thanks. i am on blogger. Is there a way to customise a blog to inlcude multiple photo albums etc. can i custumise a blog to look how i want it to look? what programs can i use to customise a page and then blog it?

You can change the appearance using Templates on blogger. They have a lot of predesigned templates and you can customize it yourself if you know some HTML. I'm not sure about the photoalbums.

Your best bet is to get a portal running, like geeklog or Lunabyte or SiteBeater.
To run these you would need to have a webhost that supports php, but the software is free.

You wouldn't need to hire a designer, or web master to manage your site, and they come with photo album etc built in, and they are very easy to install.

We could easily custom build you one (not for free however) as could so many of the web design companies online today, but you would be best suited with a portal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online