Photo editing software programs don't recognize folder in Windows Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Yankeegirl57

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can help. I downloaded some photos from my SD card to a folder in Windows Explorer on an HP laptop running Windows 7. The files/photos are definitely on the hard drive and I can view them with the Picasa Photo Viewer (they're in Nikon's raw format, NEF). However, when I open both Picasa and Nikon's Capture NX2 to edit and convert to JPEG's, neither program recognizes the folder I saved the photos to. The new folder is not in the list of folders in the My Pictures library.

I checked to be sure the folder and files are not hidden so that's not the problem. Any ideas? Would appreciate any assistance you can provide. This is driving me nuts!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts