1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo facial transformation from female to male

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by TBuck, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBuck

TBuck Thread Starter

I am conducting a research study and need to find a user-friendly, inexpensive software that will allow me take a photograph of a woman and transform her facial features into a more masculine appearance. I'm using a Mac OS X 10.5.8. Any suggestions?

2. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

This is all done by artists -- not software.
    Use Photoshop and a good Wacom tablet. Skilled required.

3. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

Photoshop works best.

The main tools that work for this is the liquify tool, brush tool, dodge and burn tool, and the brush tool.

Males have a slightly different facial structure but you need to alter that structure from a 3D perspective liquify is mostly 2d but with the dodge and burn, you can make slight adjustments to the depth (and if you go into really fine detail, you cam also make small changes to the texture)

PS everyone knows how a male and female looks, trust me it is hard to do the edit if you don't have a sample photo of a male that looks similar to the female photo (you will need it as a guide (focus mainly on skin tone and the hairs and the colors of the hairs) (avoid trying to copy the sample photo)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice