Photo Gallery uploading problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chutnose1994

I have had this computer for abotu 5 months, as well as my Canon T2i and they have both worked together fine until a few weeks ago. When I try to upload my photos my computer says "Photo Gallery can't open this photo or video. This file format is not supported, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Gallery". But then I downloaded the update and it still wont work. It can't be the format because I havn't changed the format of the pictures.

Help! I can't use my camera here in Italy until I fix this because I have no more room on my card!

How are you uploading? card reader...cord from camera to computer

can you just put them in a file/folder on your desktop and view them?

chutnose1994

I am with a cord from the camera to the computer, does that make a difference?
And if I wanted to just upload them to my computer and not into the program how would i do that?

When you plug the camera in and turn it on do you get a box with options as to what you want to do with them?

Do you have an separate reader you can try?

Have you looked in My Computer to see if it shows?

What OS are you using? XP, Vista, 7

chutnose1994

Yea it does show other options for me to try.
Ill try those things, but i dont know my OS, or what that is honestly. This is my first PC, Ive always been a Mac person and I hardly know anything about them! But ill try loading them into another file.

OS = operating system... just like Lepord/ snow Lepord in a mac

Make a new folder on thedesktop and transfer the pictures there using one of the options in that ia available in that options menu.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online