1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo Gallery uploading problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by chutnose1994, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chutnose1994

chutnose1994 Thread Starter

I have had this computer for abotu 5 months, as well as my Canon T2i and they have both worked together fine until a few weeks ago. When I try to upload my photos my computer says "Photo Gallery can't open this photo or video. This file format is not supported, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Gallery". But then I downloaded the update and it still wont work. It can't be the format because I havn't changed the format of the pictures.

Help! I can't use my camera here in Italy until I fix this because I have no more room on my card!

2. wowzer

wowzer

How are you uploading? card reader...cord from camera to computer

can you just put them in a file/folder on your desktop and view them?

3. chutnose1994

I am with a cord from the camera to the computer, does that make a difference?
    And if I wanted to just upload them to my computer and not into the program how would i do that?

4. wowzer

wowzer

When you plug the camera in and turn it on do you get a box with options as to what you want to do with them?

Do you have an separate reader you can try?

Have you looked in My Computer to see if it shows?

What OS are you using? XP, Vista, 7

5. chutnose1994

Yea it does show other options for me to try.
    Ill try those things, but i dont know my OS, or what that is honestly. This is my first PC, Ive always been a Mac person and I hardly know anything about them! But ill try loading them into another file.

6. wowzer

wowzer

OS = operating system... just like Lepord/ snow Lepord in a mac

Make a new folder on thedesktop and transfer the pictures there using one of the options in that ia available in that options menu.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice