1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo Impact 8.0 Effects Not Responding

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Brewcitytony, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brewcitytony

Brewcitytony Thread Starter

Greetings all,

I have been using Ulead Photo impact for my digital photoediting. Recently, some of my special effects quit working. For instance, if I go into "Effect" and "Flatten Uneven Area," nothing happens to the image.

What might have caused this problem, and how might I fix it?

Thanks,
    BCT

2. hewee

hewee

Brewcitytony,

Welcome to TSG :)

I never used that effect but I looked and mine works. Don't like the way it makes things look.
    But the setting that were there are...
    lowpass 80
    highpass 10
    filter 7

I so make sure you don't have one of the set to lower.

3. RT

RT

hewee is a devout fan and quite knowledgeable about most all PhotoImpact versions.

I would suggest that you check to make sure that you have allocated all your RAM to the application. It definitely works better that way.

Not sure about PI v8, but in previous versions,
    click File>Preferences, choose General... and System from the list on the left pane, look for 'Limit RAM usage' on the right section of that window. Bump it up to the maximum, if it allows you.

Hewee will correct any program navigation mistakes I have made (since I don't have v.8) but it will be similar. I hope :)

just a thought...

4. hewee

hewee

You said it right because the setting is still in the same place RT.
    But I never use that one effect before and after just playing with it I don't even like the effect it makes. But that may of been the image I was doing it on because what tpye of picture and the colors all have a effect on how each effect will show up.

5. Brewcitytony

Brewcitytony Thread Starter

Thanks for the Reply...

Well, all of my settings are as you have suggested. It seems that a number of my effects are not functioning. I get no response from any of my "Photographic" or "Artistic" effects. I have tried restoring my preferences and settings to defaults, and still nothing when I execute these effects upon an image.

I am beginning to wonder if I may have to delete the program, and then reinstall it on my machine?

BCT

6. hewee

hewee

OK try this.
    Some thing don't work right or your find that options are grayed out in PI.
    Open up your image and go up to format and down to data type. Then pick RGB True color 24 bit. It it is grayed out then your image is already 24 bit.
    Now right click on the image and pick ALL. Right click it again and pick Convert to Object. If you look in the layer manager your now see that your image is there.
    How are you getting to your effect? I mean from the menu up top or the Easy Palette

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice