1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo presentation with variable slide duration

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by penmark, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. penmark

penmark Thread Starter

I am running VISTA and need to use parts of a 1G wav file and present about 80 digital photos (scanned slides). However, I want to flash the photos for different lengths of time - i.e. photo 1 for 15 seconds, photo 2 for 60 seconds, etc.

The sw that came with the computer doesn't allow variable duration for the photos. The sw that came with my scanner is Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 for Windows XP. I'm not sure if Photoshop Elements would work, but the version I have doesn't appear to have VISTA drivers in any event.

I'm looking for an easy to use sw that is relatively economical - but one which can do what I need. Any help would be appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    irfanview should be able to do this & its free,

http://www.irfanview.com/

looking at the help file - under slideshow
    it says

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I don't think Irfanview is condusive to variable duration either. Something like Photostory 3 is where you can set individual display time to whatever you want, though I'm not sure what the compatible audio formats are (should be .wav but don't know for sure) and I don't know if it works perfectly on Vista or not. If it does, you can also apply the "Ken Burns" effect to each slide/photo as well.

Windows Movie Maker can also be used to specify display timing and there are a ton of commercial programs including Studio 12 and Premiere Elements 4 (not Photoshop Elements 4) and a few products from Corel (the old Ulead line).

4. penmark

penmark Thread Starter

thanks for the leads. actually, i did try irfanview, and you're right, it doesn't allow for variable duration. i've trimmed the audio file and saved it as an mp3 and wav, so either will now work for me. i'm going to check out your suggestions. not sure what the "ken burns" effect is, but i'm guessing i can search for it on here. thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice