Photo printing Wizard problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

schooltechie

Hi, I am an IT Tech at a primary school in Luton and I need your help! One of the teachers at my school is trying to print some photos for a display using the school's networked RISO printer. She can print any document or pdf file with no problems. She can also print any image if not using the Microsoft print photo wizard. For some strange reason she cannot print using it. The wizard seems to work fine, i.e letting her change size, number of photos to a page etc, after clicking print it appears to be sending the photos to the correct printer and letting her click finish but nothing happens. I have tried everything I can think of but to no avail. The operating system for the teachers laptop is XP Pro with service pack 2 and the server is 2003 standard edition. Please help as I've run out of ideas now:(

My first suggestion is to update to XP Pro with service pack 3. Next, I suggest going to the printer-maker's website and looking for updated drivers. If you can print OK when not using the Microsoft print photo wizard, then the SP-3 upgrade might fix it, otherwise just use a different program (like Irfanview).

There may be some outdated or mangled stuff on the computer that is causing the problem. Go to http://secunia.com/ to get a scan of your system, and update whatever it advises.

schooltechie

I'll give Irfanview a try. I cant put service pack 3 on unfortunately as a lot of the older programs stopped working correctly on the networked machines. I have no idea why but as soon as I uninstalled it everything was fine. Maybe I'll get another thread going?!?
Thanx again for the Irfanview tip!!(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online