Photo program to download photos-Samsung Galaxy to Desktop??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jazdup

I had an older Photoshop Elements and it stopped importing photos from my Samsung Galaxy J7, so I bought a newer version. This gives me the same warning that it couldn't import photos. Why would this happen? Something about the format size.

Please tell me if there is a free or under $100 program that I can use to solve my problem.
Any help is appreciated very much!!!!

Kenny

plodr

Liz
I own three Samsung devices: 8" Galaxy Tab A tablet, 10.1" Galaxy Tab A tablet and a J3 Emerge phone. I simply use the charging cable to attach the device to a computer, open Windows Explorer, go to the DISM folder, expand to find camera and copy what I want to the computer.

I have never purchased nor used Photoshop Elements. I use the free IrfanView to resize the photos.

Does your Samsung device have a charging cable? If so attach it to the computer allow access to files when the popup appears on your Samsung device. Open file explorer, expand the device until you see DISM. Expand DISM until you see camera. Open the camera folder and your pictures are in there. Copy, rather than move.

Once you are sure all the photos you want are on the computer, it will be safe to delete them.

Jazdup

Thank you. But I also want a software program that allows me to edit it. My Photoshop Elements is not importing.

plodr

Liz
The only photo editing (very basic) that I've ever used on Windows computers is IrfanView.

After you have copied the pictures (don't use Photoshop Elements to do this), does Photoshop Elements allow you to edit the pictures?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes, Photo Elements is a photo editor.

I do not know of any photo editor the will do the down loading from a phone and open the editor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online