Photo repair?

DebbyR

Hi,
I'm wondering if any of you can fix this old photo? My dad scanned it, and it is giving me trouble trying to lighten it up.
Thanks!

Attachments

Izme

Stephen
DebbyR said:
Hi,
I'm wondering if any of you can fix this old photo? My dad scanned it, and it is giving me trouble trying to lighten it up.
Thanks!

here you go...:)

I tried a few different looks but this one seemed to look the best....will this do or? :)

Attachments

Hi Debby,
Did he scan it at a high resolution ?

I've tried to enhance it but there's no image in the darker areas, but here's my attempt with less of the red tones :)

Attachments

DebbyR

Thank you for your efforts!
I have suggested he re-scan it with higher resolution & more light... hopefully he can locate the picture... I was going to take it home & do it for him, but he couldn't find it... well, hopefully he will run across it, its very precious.
Appreciate your help. Its better then I had done. :D

buck52

Banned
Hi DebbyR

Unfortunately there is no digital info in the dark/shadow areas as ymfoster said

It would take a Photoshop wizard or a rescan of the original to make any significant improvements...

buck

DebbyR

Hi,
Well, my Dad has scanned the image again. Maybe you can fix this one?
Thanks! :eek:

Attachments

The image is too small. If you want some really good results scan it at 300DPI +, save as .tif or .bmp and upload it to a file sharng service.

Attachments

How's this one? :D This isn't really hard to learn once you get the basics down. I can give you some basic instuctions if you want.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online