1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo Slide Show Software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by chrisb1978march, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrisb1978march

chrisb1978march Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for some DVD Photo Slideshow type software, I have tried a number of trials but still haven't found what i'm looking for. I have tried Nero 7, Roxio, DVD Slideshow Builder.

Whilst these are all very good, they aren't suitable for what I want. I have a number of holiday photos from various places, with the ones I've tried I can only seem to create one initial menu,and then the slideshows are then accessible from this menu ie like the chapters on DVD's. What I would like to be able to do is have a main menu and then several other menus that are accessible from there. Which will then enable me to have a menu for each holiday destination and then the slideshows on that menu. Pretty similar to a dvd.

If any of you could tell me software that would enable me to do this I would be very grateful. Or maybe one of the ones I've tried can do this.... It may be that i'm not experienced enough to use them :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

2. mrss

mrss Guest

One way to do this is to put the separate slide shows onto AVI files for PC viewing instead of a DVD, if your slide software can do so. Then use a movie maker program with good menu capabilities to collect the AVI's all together and generate the DVD with sub menus you need.

I own an earlier version of Adobe Premiere and it can do this. I build the smaller files using Pinnacle Studio, but Adobe has the better menu interface which I use to make my final DVD.

3. chrisb1978march

Thank you very much for that. I had just got around to doing that myself, it seems to work. I'll leave this post here for a bit because ideally i'd like a program that can do all of this rather than using 2 programs. :)

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Many DVD players nowadays have the built in ability to display a simple folder structure of pictures as selectable slide shows.
    Mine is a cheap one and it can do this.

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

Atcually i did like what Mrss said, which was to export the files as avi. If you do that from each slideshow, you can use nero to create a menu and each video avi that was added is now a menu item. You can pick each one and view it as a sideshow. Its a simple structure but it can do what you are asking. Once its done playing i believe it returns to the main menu although i need someone to confirm this. But i do know my menu part is true.

6. chrisb1978march

Thank-you for that,

I know Nero will create a menu and display the AVI files on this menu, but what I was looking for was something that will enable me to have each holiday destination on a seperate menu as I have other things I want to include on each menu. All in all I would really like some software that can do this as a package rather than having to use 2 programs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

7. new tech guy

new tech guy

Another shot in the dark, but im wondering if you can try it with nero, create folders in the file select screen where you can put your info into and maybe it will show that on the title menu.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/723262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice