1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo Slideshow programs

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by ingeborgdot, Mar 31, 2010.

?

Photo Slideshow Programs

1. Xtreme PhotoStory on CD & DVD Deluxe 8

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. My Memories Suite 2.0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ProShow Gold 4

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. CyberLink MediaShow 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. DVD SlideShow Builder 4.1

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot Thread Starter

What photo slideshow program do you believe to be the best?

2. ingeborgdot

If you feel I left out one let me know and I will add it.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I mostly use the Free Stuff and I have never heard of any of the ones you listed above probably because I only use the free stuff.

4. ingeborgdot

What free ones do you use?

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

IrfanView
    Photo Story 3
    XP PowerToy CD Slide Show Generator
    XP PowerToy HTML Slide Show Wizard

6. ingeborgdot

Do any of these have 3D photo animation?

7. ChuckE

ChuckE

NCH Photostage is free.
    Also there is a fairly good detailed review of 10 slideshow programs at TopTen Reviews

Note that there are two "Xtreme Photostory" packages. The $30 regular and the $80 Deluxe.

8. Hughv

Hughv

9. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

(n) Rubbish.

Those "top 10" sites only "review" (and I use the word loosely!) the software that pays the most commissions. Anything not paying commissions is not listed, period. The #1 spot is always the program that pays the most $$$ to the site.

Unreliable at best. :mad:

Proshow Gold works really nice.

10. dano_61

dano_61

Shutterfly

11. ingeborgdot

That is why I ask people on here what they think. I have people tell to go look at a review but I agree with you on that. You get what you PAY for.

The only way to know is to ask people. Also a lot of people on these forums (not just this one) are forgetting what they are about. People asking people what they think or about problems. Too many times lately people will take their time to tell me to google for it but I am finding their is so much false info out there now that I believe the best place to go is on the forums and ask real people.

12. caraewilton

caraewilton

Actually you can make brilliant slideshows using windows movie maker (xp and vista only).

13. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

Or Windows DVD Maker and Windows Live Movie Maker in Windows 7, although Windows Live Movie Maker works on Windows Vista as well.

14. ChuckE

ChuckE

Look, I don't know one slideshow program from the next. All I was informing the OP about was a review site that gave some comparisons of a set of software. Comparisons are useful because they give a reader some idea of what sort of things to look for. Even lordsmurf's recommended Proshow Gold at $70, is listed in the review at an overall 3.5 out of 4, just like Xtreme Photostory $30 package. Are we to then assume that Proshow Gold is paying an equal amount of commission?

As for saying that the TopTen website only rates-up the packages that pay the highest commissions, I am pretty sure that is that one person's opinion, just like what I say here. In that list of ten, even Microsoft Powerpoint is listed, do you think that Microsoft is paying TopTen anything?

I only tripped across the TopTen website because I had a customer that wanted some cheap, but useful software to create some slideshows and be able to easily burn that set onto a disk with some accompanying music. He was using Roxio before, and prior to that he was using Nero. Both of those packages gave him some nice features, with some additional problems. And both were more than the $30 package that he bought from Xtreme. So far he is satisfied with the cheaper package from Xtreme. I am sure all is not perfect, but then that is the problem with most off-the-shelf packages, you find out what works for you, and you usually make compromises.

What is nice about review sites is that they get you to think about what you might want to consider when looking.

15. caraewilton

caraewilton

Another programme I have used to make exceptional slideshows is Camtasia, although it is expensive and it is not really intended as a slide show application.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice