1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

photo story problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by horsewoman, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. horsewoman

horsewoman Thread Starter

I downloaded photo story 3. It opens fine but when I select photos to use it closes every time. Any suggestions?
    I am xp media and running MS OFfice 2000, which seems to be jinxed.:(

2. Hughv

Hughv

What kind of pictures are you importing? Does your system meet the minimum requirements?
    Have you tried importing a different set of images?

3. horsewoman

The pix were jpgs but were pretty big files. But, I never even got past selecting a few pix before it just closed.:confused:

4. horsewoman

My laptop is new with alot of memory & running xp media. It should be more than adequate.

5. Hughv

Hughv

Photo Story is generally rock-solid, so we need to look elsewhere for this problem
    It couldn't hurt to start by re-installing, but I'm inclined to think you should make sure your windows system is up to date and your video driver is the latest and greatest.
    Take a look in Event viewer/System and Application for any clues to this problem. Look for the red entries associated with this crash.
    Are you having any other problems with this system?
    Definitely try importing a different set of images to make sure your images aren't corrupt in some way. Import a few at a time.

6. barb2444

barb2444

The program crashes when I try to import any pictures. I don't even get to select the pictures, the browse window opens and then everything quits. I have tried reinstalling program, but it doesn't help. I receive no error messages. I suspect it has something to do with the video settings. this is a lab of win xp machines. All the machines it does not crash on can not run a zoombinis mountain rescue program. All the machines it does crash on can run the zoombinis mountain rescue program. The program is for win xp and does not run in 256 colors. I can not seem to isolate the difference? Any one have an idea?? or was the solution found to your problem in November as it sounds like mine?

7. lakidd1965

lakidd1965

I am having the same problem with importing pictures to photostory 3. I use Windows Vista, but I go to my husbands Windows XP and use photostory 3 from there and I can import pictures. Then I save and then import that saved file onto my flashcard and import to my hard drive. Once I have the imported pictures in there. I can continue using my PhotoStory 3 on my Windows Vista system and edit and complete the slideshow. I just can't import pictures from my OS.

8. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

HorseWoman:

Post the average image size and how many images are you trying to Add at once. I am pretty sure large files will cause the system to bog down ( if you select too many) and you will also create a massive slideshow Video

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice