Photo thumnails

Jglasspool

Hello, I'm a new member and hope someone can help with a very strange problem. When I open up my photos folder on my windows ten h.p. pavilion laptop , many, a great many of the photo thumnails do not appear as the photo that they should be ,but as a picture of a section of map, road map just as one would see when opening up a road atlas, and no, these are not the locations where said photos were taken, but anywhere in the world ! Indeed when I open a thumnail the map is still there at full screen size. Any ideas anybody. I've been struggling with this for weeks, many thanks. Jglasspool.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to the site
It is, I must agree, a strange situation.
When you right click one of these thumnails - what is shown as the date created - compared with what YOU would expect to be the date created

If you open the image what then is shown for the dates.

It may help if you look at the date created and the date modified.

I know you say in the
photos folder
but is it actually the pictures folder
the library - pictures

or do in fact have a folder named photos folder.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Further to the above, I do not suggest a system restore from a RP
However if you have a restore point, I can guide you as to how to browse that restore point, to see if the pictures in the RP are correct
and then rather than a whole restore to that point, I can tell you how to get those pictures (images) out of the RP

Jglasspool

Further to the above, I do not suggest a system restore from a RP
However if you have a restore point, I can guide you as to how to browse that restore point, to see if the pictures in the RP are correct
and then rather than a whole restore to that point, I can tell you how to get those pictures (images) out of the RP
Ok thats great, thanks very much . I'm going to fiddle around on the laptop and see what I come up with .

Jglasspool

Hello and welcome to the site
It is, I must agree, a strange situation.
When you right click one of these thumnails - what is shown as the date created - compared with what YOU would expect to be the date created

If you open the image what then is shown for the dates.

It may help if you look at the date created and the date modified.

I know you say in the

but is it actually the pictures folder
the library - pictures

or do in fact have a folder named photos folder.
Right thanks for your reply, I'm going to have a look at the laptop on Thursday, see what I come up with . I'll get back to you,many thanks .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online