1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

photo window

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Temagami, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Temagami

Temagami Thread Starter

Has anyone been to property guys? www.propertyguys.com Click on any house there and a cool slideshow type thing appears. It was done with a gallery program. Does anyone know what it's called?

I'm trying to make a website with fishing lures on it. There will be a thumbnail of the lure and then when you click on it I'd like a bigger version of the lure to appear. Any suggestions on what program can do this?

Thanks!!

2. caraewilton

caraewilton

Hi. They are just using a script called lightbox. You can get from here.

Another thing you can look at is greybox
    Similar to the first one, except you can have web pages open like that!

3. Temagami

Temagami Thread Starter

Awesome!! Thank you!!

4. caraewilton

caraewilton

Pleasure:)

5. Temagami

Temagami Thread Starter

I'm looking at lightbox right now - it's really not that eas to setup. Is there any other ones out there which is similar?

6. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Well really light box is really easy to setup.

I would recommend saving it to one location i.e. a subdomain so you can call the css file and JavaScripts from there.

The only reason I recommend doing so is so you can organize your add-on modules and save disk space.

!! Remember: if you are going to change the directories of the content i.e. css files, and images, you must edit the files to include relative urls to the media.

Once this is setup all you really have to do is add the code to include the css and javascript and it will work just fine.

Let me know If I can be of futher assistance with this feature.

-Thanks

7. Temagami

Temagami Thread Starter

Actually I JUST figured it out.. It is awesome. I'm goign to try it out on a site I will be making for fishing lures - I'll let ya know.:D

8. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Sounds Great!

9. Temagami

Temagami Thread Starter

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice