1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photobucket frustration

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kylaxt, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kylaxt

kylaxt Thread Starter

I need to download all of my pics and images off Photobucket and move to google photos or a disk of some sort so I don't have to use this messed up website anymore. Unfortunately I don't have the time or bandwidth access to do this right now. Is there someone out there I can pay to do it for me? Because this company won't answer questions. And I'm angry and fed up. They are holding the only pics and videos (about 3500 in all) I have of my kids at that age.
    How do I find someone to do this for me? I'll give my login and passwords, I don't have anything to hide. The images mean nothing to anyone but me.
    I am so sick of photobucket. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks

2. Paul23

Paul23 Temporarily Banned

First Name:
    Paul
  3. kylaxt

kylaxt Thread Starter

Thanks, I figured out how to download. It's just...one. by. one.
    I really only have access to a Chromebook that doesn't have any memory, a friends computer and my phone. I just don't have the time or space to download 3000+ images one by one. Is there a faster way? Or a geek-squad-style company that will do this for me?
    To add to aggravation Photobucket is forcing a change is subscription and I have to pay an annual instead of monthly fee soon to maintain access to my pics. It feels like memories being held for ransom. I wish they'd let me order a dvd or something from them, but they don't even answer emails.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Disclaimer: I don't use photobucket. I used another paid service that eventually stopped giving me service so I disputed a year's payment and got it back.

This shows you how to mass download. You will need something with lots of storage attached to the computer you'll be doing this on.
    https://gist.github.com/philipjewell/a9e1eae2d999a2529a08c15b06deb13d

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!