1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PhotoDeluxe Home Edition 3.1

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by heather60, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. heather60

heather60 Thread Starter

Hi
    I have been very happy using PhotDeluxe Home Edition 3.1 until last week when all of a sudden if fails to open. I have the original instalation disc and have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. The message displayed is as follows:
    PhotoDeluxe Home Edition Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    I am running this software on windows XP
    I hope someone can help

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Hummm ... No Answers yet ???
    Sorry ... Never used PhotoDeluxe.
    I think it's a little obsolete and has been replaced with Photoshop Elements 5.0.

Do you use PhotoDeluxe as a powerful editor .. Or just for your Default Viewer and Editor ??
    We can suggest some good freeware for your default Viewer and Basic Image Editor.

And ... Welcome to the TSG forum.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Many suggest it's incompatible with XP, but I think it's more "touch and go" as to working reliably.

Version 4 was more XP friendly.

In it's day it was nice and simple to use, but now even the free Picasa from Google would easily outdo it.

4. heather60

heather60 Thread Starter

I use it for editing and sizing photos etc. I used it for so long and found it so user friendly I am reluctant to start again!

5. heather60

heather60 Thread Starter

Maybe I'll look at Picasa. I have the free edition on my pc and use it for storage but not editing, as I'm not sure you can brush/clone with Picasa. Please correct me if I am wrong

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Don't think Picasa is what your looking for.
    If you're shopping for freeware ... see #20 -> #22 here
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm#20

I's suggest using Irfanview for your Systems default Viewer n Editor .... (Everyday sizing/cropping editor) ...
    Then something like Paint.net or Photoshop Elements for your advanced Brushing/Cloning applications.

Never used Paint.net but it looks interesting.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice