PhotoDeluxe Home Edition 3.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

heather60

Hi
I have been very happy using PhotDeluxe Home Edition 3.1 until last week when all of a sudden if fails to open. I have the original instalation disc and have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. The message displayed is as follows:
PhotoDeluxe Home Edition Executable has encountered a problem and needs to close.
I am running this software on windows XP
I hope someone can help

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hummm ... No Answers yet ???
Sorry ... Never used PhotoDeluxe.
I think it's a little obsolete and has been replaced with Photoshop Elements 5.0.

Do you use PhotoDeluxe as a powerful editor .. Or just for your Default Viewer and Editor ??
We can suggest some good freeware for your default Viewer and Basic Image Editor.

And ... Welcome to the TSG forum.

Many suggest it's incompatible with XP, but I think it's more "touch and go" as to working reliably.

Version 4 was more XP friendly.

In it's day it was nice and simple to use, but now even the free Picasa from Google would easily outdo it.

heather60

I use it for editing and sizing photos etc. I used it for so long and found it so user friendly I am reluctant to start again!

heather60

Maybe I'll look at Picasa. I have the free edition on my pc and use it for storage but not editing, as I'm not sure you can brush/clone with Picasa. Please correct me if I am wrong

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Don't think Picasa is what your looking for.
If you're shopping for freeware ... see #20 -> #22 here
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_free_utilities.htm#20

I's suggest using Irfanview for your Systems default Viewer n Editor .... (Everyday sizing/cropping editor) ...
Then something like Paint.net or Photoshop Elements for your advanced Brushing/Cloning applications.

Never used Paint.net but it looks interesting.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online