1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PhotoImpact Pro 13

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by utellem, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. utellem

utellem Thread Starter

Will not open. A splash screen comes up which shows the steps it is taking to open. Then it stops and closes. It can stop at different places in the opening sequence but most of the time it is at Initializing u32Jpg.fro..., sometimes it is elsewhere. I have had the program for a decade and it has always worked. I do not recall installing any new software just before it stopped although I have installed programs since. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program many times. I did a install of Windows 10--saving the settings and the programs. I thought maybe a Windows 10 upgrade may have been incomparable with it, but the program still works on my laptop. Everything else seems to be working. Any suggestions short of wiping the hard drive and reinstalling?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Doesn't look like it was designed to run on Windows 10.

NovaDevelopment.com > Photo Impact® Pro 13

3. utellem

utellem Thread Starter

No. It came out before Windows 10, but it has run on it and still does on my laptop so I don't think that is the issue.

4. SawyerOrtiz41

SawyerOrtiz41

Have you updated your video card drivers since it stopped working?

5. utellem

utellem Thread Starter

Not before it stopped working. I have updated them since and a newer video driver did load. It did not fix the problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!