1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PhotoImpact7-convert bmp to jpeg

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Rache, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rache

Rache Banned Thread Starter

Is there a way to use the 'batch manager' to convert (or save as) many pics in bmp format to jpegs. I've set it up to do this but after each 'save' the next approval box comes up and it's defaulted to the format the pic is in (BMP) and not to how I set the 1st (to jpeg). At this rate it'll take a month of Sundays.

2. hewee

hewee

You have pick your format each time you use it.
    But if you have all your bmp in on folder you can pick the folder and it's sub folder and covert all of them at once.
    You can have it so it saves them to the same folder or another folder.

So really it would not take you anytime at all to convert them.

3. Rache

Thanks hewee. I'm not sure of the stages to be able to do this. Could you talk me through it?

4. hewee

hewee

OK open PhotoImpact up.
    To start you can click on help up at the top or press F1.
    Do a seach on Batch and read all it says. This will help some.

But anyhow open the Batch Converter.
    Where it say Source you see a drop down for folder and type.
    To the right of the folder drop down your see a button with 3 ... on it.
    Click on that button and go to the folder you want to convert images.
    Your see a box you can check so it will also covert and sub folder in the folder you just picked.
    Now in the type drop down you see all the file types it will covert.
    You can leave it as it is or pick the type you want to convert. You seem to want to convert .bmp so pick that. If you only have .bmp in the folder then you don't need to change this because it will know what to do anyways because it will convert every type it supports to the format you pick.

No where it say Destination put a check mark by "Save to this folder and close"

Warning: If you pick the "Save and close" It Overwrites the original files in their source folder with the newly converted images and automatically closes the files.

Click the help button to get more info.

OK now click on the button to the right of "Save to this folder and close" and go to the folder you want to save the images in.
    Make a new folder first if you don't have one.
    It can be a new sub folder of the folder your converting too.

Now below the "Convert file format to" click on the drop down and pick the format you want.
    The option box your be able to click on now for some formats.
    You want .jpg so click on it. It is set buy default to compress the images so if you want to keep the .jpg files looking the best then don't compress them. Move the slider to 100.

Below that your see the "Convert data type to "
    Just leave it as is because you have it as true type already in the option.

OK now click on the OK but and it will convert your images for you.

5. Rache

Thanks again hewee, if they explained it the way you describe it it'd make things a heck of a lot easier. There's only one problem - I don't have the option of 'source' in the batch converter (but mine is called Batch Manager). maybe it's different in PI8.

BTW I love American humour.

6. hewee

hewee

Your welcome :)

Well I have PhotoImpact 6, 7 and 8 but only 7 and 8 installed on this PC and it is called batch converter. They are both the same too.
    They are the box version I got at the store.

OK I see what is going on now.
    I am talking about opening up the PhotoImpact 7 program that you do the painting, etc in.
    I just look at the PhotoImpact Album and I see it has a Batch Manager. Got to it by going to Window and then down to Batch Manager.
    I never used that either.
    Also if you go to Source and down to Batch it open another type of covert and it is just called convert.
    Look like you can only do one image at a time there.

So open the PhotoImage program and go to file and down to "batch converter".
    You have more options here and can do every image on you PC at once if you want too.

You should see the same as I do then.
    See image attached below.

Attached Files:

7. Rache

I see they lost my last post with the server probs.

Just to say thanks hewee, you're a star.

8. hewee

hewee

Yea lost all of my post made that day too.

But your welcome still. :)

Glad to help out.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/196767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice