1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photorec incorrect size reported

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Phore, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phore

Phore Thread Starter

Hi

A friend of mine had his sdhc card corrupted. His computer frooze when looking at photos on it, he then removed the card and now it can't be accessed anymore. I try to recover the photos on it. When I insert it in my sdhd card reader, I hear the sound windows make when a new periphical is inserted but I don't see the card in Windows Explorer (no letter assigned). I have then tryed Photorec. It search for quite a long time then find the card, but report incorrect size :

524kb Generic-Multi-Card

Instead of 4 Gb it should be. It is noted under this in Photorec :

---
    Note: Disk capacity must be correctly detected for a successful recovery. If a disk listed above has incorrect size, check HD jumper settings, BIOS detection, and install the latest OS patches and disk drivers.
    ---

I have tryed several time with the same result. I have also tryed with Testdisk with the same result (524 kb reported). I have not tryed to rescue with this size in fear of losing the content of the card.

The card is a Kodak 4GB SDHC Class 4. I am testing with a know to work card reader on laptop running Windows 7 SP1 32 bits. I have cleaned when contact with a little bit of alcool on q-tips with no change. Also, sometimes the card is not detected at all when I lauch Photorec or Testdisk. I have tryed with both latest 6.13 and beta 6.14-WIP Photorec. I have also tryed the card in another digital camera with an unusable error message. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Phore

2. pip22

pip22

3. Phore

Phore Thread Starter

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice