Solved Photos are printing in black and white

linsjean

Someone sent me 3 photos, all .JPGs. They all print out in black and white. They show up on my computer screen very nicely in color.

I changed them to open with Irfranview, Photos, Paint that was no help.

I printed out a test page and all colors are there on theh page. My ink level for both of my cartridges are not low.

How do I get these photos to print in color. I am attaching one for your review.

Attachments

When you go to print the images there's usually a popup with a preview where you can access printing preferences. It may be the case that yours are defaulting to black and white and you need to manually change them to colour

linsjean

When I hold down Control/P here is what I get. see attachment. Now this is what shows in the app called Photos. Would you like me to show you what the printer preferences are in another photo editing program?

Attachments

When I hold down Control/P here is what I get. see attachment. Now this is what shows in the app called Photos. Would you like me to show you what the printer preferences are in another photo editing program?
It's okay. I think if you scroll down there should be more options below. Hopefully one of them is colour

Also could you try printing something else. Maybe just a couple of words in a text file with any colour text to test the printer will print colour. I know test print worked but it could be the drivers for the printer

linsjean

Wow, it looks great on the screen (Word document), but it printed in only black. Should I mess with my color cartridge? Also I went to settings like you said and scrolled down in the photo settings and it was set to monochrome. I swtiched it to Color, clicked ok, and it said another printer setting is conflicting. I'm attaching that for you too.

Attachments

Definitely wouldn't mess with your colour cartridge. If your like me it'll probably come apart and drop ink all over the floor :giggle:

I saw a thread before about hp drivers having issues occasionally. The solution seems to be to revert back to an older version and ideally the previous version. If you have automatic updates enabled you should have the latest drivers. If not you should update and see if that resolves the issue.

In the case that your already up to date. You'll want to head to the hp website and find a previous version of drivers. If they work you should disable automatic updates via the hp assistant. Set it to check but don't install so you know if new updates are available. Hopefully this works for you

linsjean

Mukith82,

I think you might have found a really good thread for me to follow the instructions. I'm calling it a night. I will try again tomorrow. I did see that my HP Support Assistant had an exclamation point on it which can simply mean a reminder message, but here are some more attachments. But I will try the advice on that link to that thread tomorrow. thanks.

Attachments

linsjean

I am going to mark this one solved. Here is what I did. The steps may be out of sequence.
I called HP Instant Ink.
In Settings >Printers and Scanners, I removed my printer device.
Then I added my Printer device (making sure it was my make and model)
On my display screen on my printer gave me an 8 digit PIN number.
I entered that pin number on my laptop screen asking for it. I then made my printer default (because it was defaulted to fax)
I switched from the Photos app to Irfanview.
And now I can print in color.
He's gave me 15 extra pages credit due to my problems. And my black ink cartridge is on the way. Subscription for HP Instant Ink is $2.99 a month. Telll them I sent you if you want me to get a free month. Just give them case number 80282099 and they can pull me up.
I also printed a Windows Printer test Page which shows the name of my printer and additional print driver files.
I also watched this Youtube vid:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online