1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photos losing color

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by tipntap, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tipntap

tipntap Thread Starter

My downloaded photos started losing color. I first noticed it when I was editing an image then saving it, and it had no color.

Nothing new has been added to pc and am using IrfanView like I have done for years.
    What could be causing this? I am totally in the dark on this.

2. moper

moper

Do you mean all color, like black and white?

In the Irfanview Save JPG settings options box, is grayscale checked? (see attachment)

Attached Files:

3. tipntap

tipntap Thread Starter

Yes they are becoming grayscale. This is after the photos have been downloaded and are in COLOR. If I go back now, and open any of them up, they become grayscale. If I even try to edit a photo they become grayscale. This has been going on for two days and I have done nothing to the pc or changed anything. This is not something unknown because I have found comments posted on the internet about this happening to them. But no anwers are given.

4. PopPicker

PopPicker

read what moper said

5. tipntap

tipntap Thread Starter

No Grayscale is not checked.

6. PopPicker

PopPicker

Try opening a colour image in another program, make a change to it, rotate for instance and save. Then reopen, if it's still colour, then we can assume that Irfanview is the culprit.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice