1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photo's not showing up all the time

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by babba46, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. babba46

babba46 Thread Starter

I'm having a problem viewing .jpg's and .gif's once in a while. Most of the time no problem. I've used 2 different browsers with the same results. I end up with a small box with a small red X in it where the picture is supposed to be. Sometimes if I right click on the red X then click show picture I'll get to see the picture but not very often that happens. I use Win 98SE and IE5.5. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance , Jim

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

babba46
    There is a couple of items you should try to correct the problem.
    1) Clean you temp files, got to start\run type in *tmp and delete anything the search finds.
    2) go to tools internet options and delete all temp files including offline content.
    3) While at internet options click setting on temp files and set explorer to look for new pages every visit.

Recheck and see if problem is solved.

Do repair of IE 5.5
    Go to start\settings\control panel\add-remove programs and scroll down to IE 5.5 and click remove.
    When screen pops up select the repair option. Allow 5.5 to repair itself. You will have to reset your home page after doing repair.

Now see if problem is fixed.

Keep us posted.
    Dave

3. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

Jim/Dave: The red X's usually signify that MS Virtual Machine is not loaded OR corrupted & needs to be downloaded again!

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

5. babba46

babba46 Thread Starter

Well guys, I'm stumped. Tried all you suggested and sometimes that little box still appears. I fired up another system I have here and low and behold it does it also. I'm wondering now if the problem isn't Earthlink? I use this ISP in both systems. I also use their browser which I believe is a version of IE5? I wish I had a record of specific pages I'm having the problem with but I don't.
    Thanks again for all your input. Jim

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

babba
    Here another thought.............
    If you have security software such as internet security by Norton
    of any equivalent locate a page that has place holders, stay on the page, disable the security, and refresh the page. See if the pics appear. Ran into this problem once before with Norton.
    Dave

7. babba46

babba46 Thread Starter

Davey, I do in fact use Norton system works. Shut it all off and still does it. There was a fix Symantec sent out about 8 months(?) ago to correct HTML errors. Is this what you were referring to? I'm not sure it actually got fixed but I really keep on top of the updates. Is this a browser issue? I have an older version of Netscape Comm. I could load up to try if you think it might help.
    Thx, Jim

8. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jim
    Loading up netscape may only compound the problem. The issue I was referring to has to do with security blocks caused by protection software. If all you security is set to defaults which are usually medium for IE and any Norton programs the pics should be displayed. Do you have any ad blocker software active? Also When you encounter a page that has missing pics
    copy the url and post it here so I can look at the code to see what
    it could be. When you do let me know which pics you are not seeing. If it is hard to describe hit the print screen key paste the image in paint and attach it through the attach file function below your post area. Make sure you save in jpeg format so the size is acceptable.
    Dave

9. babba46

babba46 Thread Starter

Davey, I'm not sure what you'll end up with but here it is.
    http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?class=1125
    I captured the page with print screen but I don't know how to get it to you. Jim
    BTW the item #88831 is the one I'm having a problem with.

10. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jim
    The page is unique since it is a frames page. I am not sure what you meant by item 88831. Here is the page as I see it.

11. Davey7549

Davey7549

Sorry Jim hit wrong button.
    Heres the pic...........

12. babba46

babba46 Thread Starter

I was afraid of that. The Address bar didn't go deep enough into the site. I captured the screen on the clipboard (print screen) but don't know how to get it to you? Jim

13. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jim
    When you depress the print screen button it captures and then go to MS paint open and click edit, click paste. After image is displayed save as Jpeg for size reduction and post it back using the attach file section below the post area.
    Dave

14. babba46

babba46 Thread Starter

Davey, If I didn't learn anything else today, I learned how to change a clipboard image to jpeg! Here it is.

15. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jim
    Below the post area is where you attach the image.
    Dave

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice