1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photos on DVD RW Disc won`t open- files damaged/corrupted

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Kaze04, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kaze04

Kaze04 Thread Starter

I have a DVD RW disc with photos burnt onto it.
    When I open the file it shows all of the photo folders, along with default logo thumbnails as opposed to an actual thumbnail of the photo. When I click on properties of each photo it shows the size of the photo as well. But when I click to preview the photo it won't open and shows that the photo may be corrupted, damaged or unsupported.

I no longer have these photos on my hard drive, as may disc's before this one burned properly, so I deleted as I went.

DISC SIZE is 4.7GB, My files on it are 3.56GB

1. Properties of Disc.png 2. Properties of Photo Folder.png
    3. Properties of Individual Photo.png 4. Preview of Photo.png

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

See if a different program can read the files, like Irfanview. If not and the files are truly corrupted, you may need to research a third party solution to recover images form CD /DVD media.

tompatrick likes this.
  3. Kaze04

Kaze04 Thread Starter

I just download that Irfanview, and tried opening a photo, and this is the error I get.

Attached Files:

4. CleaverX

CleaverX

5. Kaze04

Kaze04 Thread Starter

I tried downloading File Repair, and again this is the message I get..

6. CleaverX

CleaverX

Hellooo? The reviewers explicitly reported that: "With regard to JPEGs at least, File Repair simply does not work". I assume you have copied all of your files to a folder on your computer, so you should try a software title that the reviewers tried and worked for them. Also that is not the only site to look up software to try and repair your photos.
    That is pretty much all that I can do for you. Good luck.

7. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

If you research online you may find many Jpeg Repair Software to repair the corrupt images.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  8. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Have you tried TESTDISK/Photorec??

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice