1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop 7 displaying color incorrectly/update not working

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Ruggy, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruggy

Ruggy Thread Starter

N00b here; please correct me if I do something wrong. =D

My dad and I recently just about completely overhauled my computer; installed the OS from scratch and replaced the motherboard (actually, I think everything got replaced except for a hard drive, but I'm not sure).

But I installed Photoshop 7.0 (from the same CD as I installed it on my other machine) and it's doing weird things. I don't get any error messages or anything, but the color display is wrong. Such as the color picker and every color image (amusing as it would be for Legolas to be green, seeing as he is an elf, that picture is simply not supposed to be that way). Note how Blue hills.jpg is PINK. Yeah. I have NOT messed with any of the color settings - it's all at default, and it's doing this.

Also, when I try to install the 7.0.1 update, it will find the folder that Photoshop 7.0 is in, yet when I click "Next" for it to actually install, it says, "The Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 Update program cannot find Adobe Photoshop 7.0 in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\ -- Please attempt to locate Adobe Photoshop 7.0 again or cancel the update and install Adobe Photoshop 7.0 from the original disks or CD."

But it IS installed. And in that directory, too. I even uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled it, and it still gives me that error message. The very same update file DID update Photoshop 7.0 on my old computer (unfortunately, I don't know what video card I had in at the time; I was, though, running XP.)

I'm running Windows XP. Computer tells me the video card is "RADEON 9200 Ver. 6.14".

If anyone could help me fix this I'd be ever so grateful. Aigh.

EDIT: Well, what do you know! Official Adobe support actually worked (after ~2 hours of trying to find the right stupid page, but still). I didn't think messing with the Adobe Gamma Wizard would fix it, but it did. Should anyone else experience the same, the first solution on this page is what worked for me. I really don't care about the update now. Hee. :D

Sorry to take up forum space, I guess. :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/304164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice