Photoshop 7: unable to delete or cut certain files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EWha6

Hi all,

For some reason I can't determine, certain psd files on my hard drive cannot be cut and pasted or deleted.

They can be copied and pasted with no problems.

I have tried the following:

rebooting.
(i haven't tried safe mode yet as I have a deadline and it's strikes me as a workaround rather than a solution)
Closed down all other apps.
Stopped all non essential processes and services.
still no luck.

My system is custom built
winxp
2.8 intel 4
1.5 gig ram
80 gb hard drive (15gb free space)
Using photoshop 7

I hope someone can help.

Delete the preference file, in Photoshop CS, you will find it in:
Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp in the
Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder.
See what happen.
Another way to try is by rename the files.
Good luck
Uly7

Have these files been copied off CD? They may be marked read-only. To check, right-click on the file, click Properties, and check for a tick in the box next to "Read Only".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online