1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop AGM.dll missing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by wpark, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wpark

wpark Thread Starter

I tried to install an old version of photoshop 6 on to my laptop which is an Acer - Aspire 5820T and is running Windows 7 but I keep getting this message:
    ' The program can't start because AGM.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem'. However I have tried it several time and still get this message. What can I do? :mad:

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hi and welcome

Do you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed? That *may* resolve it

3. wowzer

wowzer

Also PS 6 may not be compatible with Win 7, unfortunately.

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Good point.

Is the Windows 7 you have 32 bit or 64 bit?

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try using the Windows 7 Program Compatibility Wizard. Unfortunately, imaging programs sometimes have intimate connections with graphics and the program may simply be too old for 7. Programs installed in 7 should be 7-compatible for best results.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice