1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop crashes on CS2 instal

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by natz338, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natz338

natz338 Thread Starter

Hi, I've loaded CS2 onto my PC laptop - I use XP - and all apps work, except for Photoshop. It opens, but as soon as I click anywhere it freezes and I have to end task/not responding.

Included in the report data for the crash are two temporary files:

C:\DOCUME~1\Nat\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER67e2.dir00\Photoshop.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Nat\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER67e2.dir00\appcompat.txt

I've removed and reinstalled, and tried Photoshop on its own rather than the whole suite.

Is this related to having a previous version installed, or trying to reinstall after a failed attempt ie. there are stored files somewhere that I don't know are there?

I can follow the basics, but I'm not overly technical, so any info you can give me without any heavy techie jargon would be much appreciated!

Nat

2. BDACBT

BDACBT

I don't think it's a previous version issue. I had CS installed and installed CS2. When satisfied I deleted CS. I did the same thing going to CS3. You say PS opens? Just a GUESS. After clicking the icon to start PS, press CTRL, Shift and Alt down together. Hold them down until you get a messagebox asking whether to delete the Photoshop settings file. Say yes and see if that changes anything.

3. natz338

natz338 Thread Starter

Hi - thanks for the response. I tried that, but it didn't make any difference. I'm totally baffled because everything else in the suite works except for PS! The only thing I can relate it to is installing only PS from the suite to start with, then uninstalling and reinstalling the whole suite. Any other brainwaves most welcomed and I'll try to give you all the info you need :)

Cheers,

Nat

4. natz338

natz338 Thread Starter

ps. I did find something on another forum when I search on the temp file name and there was a lot of discussion about RAIDs - but it lost me!

5. BDACBT

BDACBT

I don't have any drives set up as RAIDs, so I can't even guess. Are you a NAPP member? There's a huge wealth of Photoshop info there. You have all the updates available for CS2 installed, I guess. I remember a problem something like this with Bridge CS3 until I got all the updates installed.

6. windytree

windytree

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice