1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop CS 8 for some reason certain options arent working

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by The Defender, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The Defender

The Defender Thread Starter

Hi my Uncle got me Photoshop CS8 for me for my birthday :D...Unfortuneatly some things arent working....

In the filter toolbar at the top many options are disabled, take a look at this picture and post if you can help me...thanks :D

http://img79.echo.cx/img79/2537/screenshot8vf1.jpg

2. Rockn

Rockn

CS has quite a few quirks like layer selection is weird too. Try unlocking the background layer and then look at the filter menu. Is this a full licensed and registered version of CS?

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

Some of the options are only available if you have an image open not just a new canvas

4. Rockn

Rockn

This is a new image you are looking at with a white background layer. None of the filters are available when an image is not open.

5. lister

lister

Some filters won't be enabled, because applying them to a new document will produce no result. Try dabbing the canvas with the brush and see if they activate.

OT; If he bought it in April (or March), you may qualify for a free upgrade to CS2 from Adobe. Grandfather clause (or s'thing), at least, so i've heard.

6. The Defender

Cool thanks a lot guys ill try alll the stuff now and i dont know when he brought it

7. The Defender

Thanks a lot i tried wat u guys told me and it turned out i needed to reinstall
    now its all cool and fine :D

8. The Defender

I have downloaded a few fonts to use in cs but i dont know how to the them...in if u know what i mean they dont show up on the font drop down box...can anyone help??

9. lister

lister

did you install them in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts ?

10. The Defender

i placed them in that folder but they arent in the font box thing

11. The Defender

Didd it thanks :d

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/359874

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice