1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop cs help

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by millergroup, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. millergroup

millergroup Thread Starter

I bought a premade template, made with photoshop.

I have edited it with image ready cs and saved it. All is well with the with the psd. When I reopen the psd file in photoshop all of my changes are there. However, when I open the index.html in this same template, no changes have been made.

In image ready, I go to file>update HTML. It goes about halfway, then a pop-up appears that says "No tables were updated"

The folder structure for this template is as follows:

Template008>fonts,html,psd

In the html folder: images,index.html

My question is this, how do I get image ready to update the new images in the index.html file?

Question #2: How do I make photoshop write new html file (aboutus.html) from a psd file I made for this site?

Thank you very much

2. Rockn

Rockn

You have to make your changes in Photoshop, save it and then use the Jump to ImageReady from Photoshop. Once ImageReady is open then go to File > Update HTML

3. millergroup

Rockin'

Thanks for your reply.

The editing I am doing is the text on images, which can (as far as I know) can only be done in image ready.

So I took your suggestion and returned to photoshop re-saved it, jumped to image ready. and tried to Update HTML. Same result.

Is there some sort of locking function that prevents the update?

I can make this file avail. for download if someone would like to look at it.

How is the index.html created from photoshop?

Thanks

4. Rockn

Rockn

I do not think you can do it unless the text is rasterized first. I am not exactly sure what you mean by "text images", an image is an image.

5. millergroup

Geezz!

The psd template has text on images. I did not say "text images". Pretty common with most website images. IE; in the logo area it says on the logo image "YOUR COMPANY NAME" "your company slogan". From photoshop I jumped to image ready, changed that text in image ready to reflect my company name, saved it, jumped back to photoshop, saved it, closed photoshop, reopened the saved file, and in photoshop and the text changes were there as I expected. But when I opened the index.html file the changes were not there. Photoshop had not updated the images in the images folder or the html.

Thus my question:

How do I get photoshop to export the changed image to the images folder and update the index.html file? When I go to file>Update HTML in image ready a pop up window appears and says "No tables have been updated".

For example in FlashMX after text changes are made to the original .fla file one goes to file>plublish and the original .fla file is over written.

I am trying to do the same with this original photoshop output file, index.htm l. This thing has got to be simple, but I cannot find it in the documentation.

I hope I have explained myself better.

6. Rockn

Rockn

Sorry about the "text image" thing. Anyway, you are doing a lot of jumping, opening and closing of applications that you do not need to be doing at all.
    Change the company name or whatever you need to do in Photoshop, click the Jump to ImageReady button in PS. ImageReady will open...go to file > Update html...It is never updated directly from PS. When you click the update html, point to the index.html file on your drive and overwrite it. One caution though, make a backup of the index file because if your slices are not set up correctly you will overwrite the file and images with one large gif or jpg file as a page background.

7. vgarsenal

vgarsenal

I seem to have a Similar problem, I also purchased a template created by photo shop, and when I go to edit the layers on it, once I'm done I click save but and When I reopen the psd file it displays the way I edited it but the html file is not edited.
    So I don't understand how after you make changes or create a psd file, how or where the html file is created to comply with the psd file.

I hope I've explained my problem clearly.

and Thank you.

8. millergroup

I have to say that the advice givin above is way off base. Go here to get in the right direction http://template-help.com

Rockn you should read this too.

9. vgarsenal

vgarsenal

Alright Thank you!

10. millergroup

You are welcome.

11. vgarsenal

vgarsenal

Well Unforunately that didn't give me much help, but I appreciate any additional efforts to help me figure out, how photoshop cs creates an html file to comply with the psd file.

Thankyou.

12. vgarsenal

vgarsenal

Does Photo Shop CS update and automatically build an html file that will work and display everything you created and saved in the psd file?

13. millergroup

14. millergroup

vgarsenal,
    With the first link I provided you with. Down the menu you will find "Customization of your template in Adobe Photoshop", Open this link and read very carefully, interact step by step. I took me about ten times to understand.
    When you save for the web, select in that window only the slices you have changed: using the shift and click of the mouse. Then save it. It will then open a browse window. Where it says save as blablah.gif, change this to just html. Be sure to save as "images only" at the bottom drop down box.The image(s) you just changed will now be written to the templates images folder as slice1_over.gif or 2 or 3 etc. Open the images folder, find the new image and rename it removing the "_over". I have discovered that photoshop will not allow you to overwrite the original psd in order to preserve the revert function. Your html code should now be able to find the new image.

The second link explains how to create a html from scratch, we don't need this yet. It's a reference at this point.

Read carefully step by step, it will sink in.

15. vgarsenal

vgarsenal

Hey Thanks that's put me on the right track for now even though I still have to mess around with it, but you got me this far and I'm grateful. Thank You Very Much! :)

Just wana state though, Everytime I save a file .html, accept images and text, it just shows the entire page as an image, or it just shows, the sections I sliced as images, and the others as nothing, So Basically you can't highlight anything you can't click in the login section or anything, If you have any advice on fixing it to work correctly, Iam very grateful for any additional information.

Thank you again.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice