photoshop cs: image problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

will182

Banned

ok see this image right well you see thoe oval shapes on the bar well you see were the oval parts go over the bar edge well how do you get this part that goes over tha bar edge off

etaf

Wayne
you could use the erasor.

Or select the blue bar layer - selectthe bar edge then invert selection - move to the other layers - then delete that should then only keep the ovals parts that are inside the bar

assuming thats what you meant

etaf

Wayne
whats outside the bar on that layer ????
use the magic wand a click out side

i assume you have this built in 3 layers on photoshop ????

will182

Banned
i want to deleate outside the bar but it dont seem to work please could you show me ont hat net meeting thingybob agaib

etaf

Wayne
i can, but not tonight I'm afraid I was supposed to be doing something else half hour ago !!!!!!!!!!

attach the photoshop image - you will need to zip it up first

etaf

Wayne
attach the photoshop version onto a post (ignore the zip)

CTRL click on the thumbnail of the layer (layer palette) that has the bar on it - this will select all the pixels in that layer (so just the bar will be selected - shift + F7 inverts the selection.
Assuming that you put the two oval shapes on dif layers - simply click on the layer(s) with the oval shapes and delete.

I'm assuming that these ovals ARE on dif layers?

PS: the photoshop file the members want you to attach is the layered PSD file you are working on in Photoshop - not the Jpeg image you posted.

etaf

Wayne
thats a jpg version - need the photoshop version with layers - however lister is on the case

will182

Banned
i dont understand i have tryed what lister said and when i press deleate it takes all the shapes with it and only the bar is left anyway i will reply to this thread tomorrow i have to go now

buck52

Banned
lister said:
This may clarify things for you
I doubt it...

will182 needs to practice on a few of the tutorials that have been shown to him/her multiple times, and stop posting everytime a click of the mouse does not produce the desired effect... ;)

buck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online