1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop CS2 on Windows 7OS?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Jyccyj, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

Hi
    I have been using Photoshop for years and am happy with CS2. My computer died a death and I lost all my data etc including Photoshop, which I could not deactivate.

I now want to install it on a laptop using Windows 7. I have asked Adobe and have been told their Chat support will take me through the steps. Basically I need to know how to unlock the product in order to obtain a challenge code. After some 4 hrs we are getting nowhere and ! feel this is a ploy to have me buy the latest version!............

Is there anyone out there who is using Photoshop CS2 with Windows 7? Did they have a problem or was the install straightforward?

Grateful for any comments.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is the problem with Windows 7 or just the act of reinstalling Photoshop on a different computer? Perhaps you're mis-framing the issue which is leading you down the wrong path.

3. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

I am running Photoshop CS2 on my Windows 7 laptop and had no issues with installing it whatsoever.

4. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

Many thanks for the 2 replies.

Question for Cheesball81

When you installed did the instsallation carry on from the insertion of the serial number or did you have to contact Adobe ?

This is as far as I can go because I then have to get a challenge code from Adobe and it's like trying to get blood from a stone.

5. Cheeseball81

It carried on from the serial number.

6. Cheeseball81

Were you ever able to get this resolved?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice