1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop CS2 Question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by youx08, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. youx08

youx08 Thread Starter

I am currently working on a website using Adobe Photoshop CS2. I am using Japanese characters to make this website.

When I try to open my psd file it says that "Some text layers contain fonts that are missing. These layers will need to have the missing fonts replaced before they can be used for vector based output."

I click ok and the my file opens and I can edit it so on but when I try to view it in explorer view it shows bits and pieces and I am guessing its because of the missing text layers.

How do I fix this? Pleeeeeeeeeeaseeeee Help meee!!

Thank you!

2. lister

lister

Well, did you install or activate the missing fonts?

'Explorer view' - do you mean Windows Explorer (Thumbnail view)?

Any text exported in a PSD will not be editable in a webpage, you'll need a web editor like Dreamweaver etc, to add usable text.

3. youx08

youx08 Thread Starter

How do you install or activate the missing fonts on Photoshop?

The template that I used said to use photoshop,dreamweaver to edit the files. When I used Photoshop to edit the template it looks fine at first when I use the thumbnail view but the second time I open it the fonts are missing and looks very funny.

Yes, when I said Explorer view I meant the thumbnail view.

Please tell me how I can install the missing fonts to make it work.

4. lister

lister

Control Panel - Fonts (File - Install New Font...) then add the font.

5. Whoops

Whoops

...im no expert... but have you downloaded all the latest updates!?!... just an idea!...;)

6. lister

lister

Just a thought: PSD templates for websites aren't a great idea - as well as being too slow, they're old-fashioned & (mostly) ugly.

If you have Dreamweaver or a decent Web editor give CSS layouts a go - you can still use Photoshop for banners aqnd other graphic elements.

7. youx08

youx08 Thread Starter

Well, thanks for your advice everyone. Could I use microsoft frontpage to edit CSS templates that I download? I'm sorry if that is a stupid question. I am very new at this. Any advice would be great. Thank you soo much!

8. youx08

youx08 Thread Starter

Another question..about installing the font..where would the fonts that photoshop need be stored?

9. lister

lister

The font should have been included with the template somewhere.

10. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

If you actually have the font then install it into the Windows font folder where all of your programs can find it. As far as an HTML/CSS editor, there are hundreds of free ones available - and yes, all of the old ways of programming web pages are being depreciated so CSS is the way to go.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice