1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Photoshop CS3 hanging at finding system profiles

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by seliantoto, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seliantoto

seliantoto Thread Starter

I have suddenly had a problem with Photoshop CS3 ver. 10.0.1 – it gets to a point when opening and hangs. It gets to 'finding system profiles...' then stops. I have tried Ctrl+Alt+Shft when opening but this does not resolve the problem. I know that this thread has been posted before but none of these threads seem to have the correct solution – Windows Vista SP3, 4GB memory, TBs of HDD, running PS3. I have been using PS for some 20 years and consider myself to be an expert in the programme's usage but this one has stumped me! Any help out there?
    Many thanks in anticipation...

2. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Reinstall it.
    I've had similar issue with Bridge CS3 hanging itself. Reinstall was only fix.
    A lot of your custom preferences should stay intact.

3. seliantoto

HHmmm... tried the reinstall route but to no avail - that was yesterday - came in today and all is well after a good night's sleep (the PC you understand not me... I have far too many things happening in my life to be able to sleep but I had better not mention them all here!).So I can only guess that PS lost its references to the Preference folder temporarily.
    Many thanks for your reply though and I will keep things updated if it happens again.

4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

My PS CS3 keeps forgetting where the temp folder is.
    Annoying is what it is.

5. seliantoto

Thank you for your help and a HNY to you too... mind you I now have to give PS permission to open up and do not seem to be able to tell Vista that it is ok to automatically open when told to do so! UAC and all that... :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971584